Analysis of an injection molding cycle
We use pre- and post-procesor Moldflow Synergy for analysis. Synergy contains a very efficient generator of a Midplane mesh, DualDomain and volumetric tetrahedral mesh and a sofisticated editor final element mesh.
CAD data can be imported from all common CAD systems, parts as well as assemblies. Unique database of 10 000+ polymers and grades.
Simulations are done in Autodesk Moldflow Insight Ultimate.
Simulation analysis of the cycle shows:
- Locations of melt flow slow down in the cavity
- Weld lines and their effect on quality
- Shear stress of the melt and risk of degradation
- Air traps and trapped air back pressure, air hooks
- Potential void locations
- Pressure at the cavity entrance, pressure field during the cycle
- Clamping force of the injection machine
- Melt flow front temperature, temperature field of the part during the cycle, temperature field of the mold during the cycle
- Weight of the part
- Orientation and anisotropy of strength of the part made of fiber-filled plastics
- Longitudinal and transverse shrinkage of plastics with CRIMS data measured
- Warpage of the part after ejection from cavity and warpage causes